Invisalign Arcadia AZ
Since its introduction in the late 1990s, Invisalign has helped millions of people enjoy more beautiful smiles, making it one of the most popular dental treatments for both teens and adults. Why? One big reason is Invisalign’s clear design that makes the aligners virtually invisible while you’re wearing them. At Dunn Orthodontics, we offer custom Invisalign treatments aimed at helping every patient get the results they’re looking for. If you’ve been considering Arcadia Invisalign for yourself or for your child, here’s what you should know about this popular alternative to traditional braces.
How does Arcadia Invisalign straighten teeth?
Arcadia Invisalign uses a series of clear, plastic aligners to move teeth. These aligners perform the same functions as wires and brackets in traditional braces. Each set of aligners is shaped slightly differently. It’s these differences in shape that help your teeth move into alignment over time. Invisalign uses a patented material called SmartTrack. This special plastic isn’t just clear — it’s designed to respond to your tooth movements, helping your teeth shift and adjust more quickly and more comfortably than regular braces.
Benefits of Invisalign clear aligners
Invisalign’s clear design is arguably its most popular and well-known feature. While you’re wearing your aligners, they’ll be almost impossible to detect, and that helps a lot of patients feel more confident. But clear design is just one of Invisalign’s benefits.
- They’re comfortable. SmartTrack isn’t just clear — it’s also smooth. Invisalign aligners don’t have any rough edges, wires or brackets to snag your lips or cause sore spots. Plus, they’re custom-designed for you, closely following the contours of your teeth so they’re really comfortable to wear.
- They typically work faster. The average time to wear braces is between two and three years. With Invisalign Arcadia AZ, average treatment time is 12 to 18 months.
- There aren’t any dietary restrictions. While hard, chewy or sticky foods can get stuck in braces or even bend or break wires and brackets, with Invisalign, you remove your clear aligners for meals, so you can eat whatever you like.
- It’s easier to brush and floss. You remove your aligners to care for your teeth, too — no working a brush and floss around your braces.
- You won’t need to visit us as much. With Invisalign Arcadia AZ, you’ll have checkups about once every six weeks or so, compared to once a month with braces.
- There are no uncomfortable tightenings. When it’s time to advance your treatment, you just swap out one set of aligners for another. There are no wires to tighten.
Plus, recent improvements and advances in Invisalign’s design mean more people than ever can opt for Invisalign treatment over regular braces.
What problems can be treated with Invisalign Arcadia AZ?
Invisalign can treat virtually all the same issues as traditional braces, including:
- Open bites
- Gaps and other spacing issues
- Crooked teeth
- Problems with your bite
Invisalign also offers “add-on” options to help treat more complex issues, making them a versatile option for treating most types of orthodontic problems.
What to expect during your treatment with Invisalign
Your Invisalign treatment starts with measurements and “models” of your teeth and your bite. That information is sent to a lab that specializes in custom Invisalign aligners. Your data is “fed” into a computer to produce a series of simulations showing how your teeth need to move over time. Those simulations or virtual models are used to create your custom aligners based specifically on your unique needs.
During your treatment, you’ll wear each set of aligners for about two weeks. Then, you’ll swap out that set with the next set in the series. You’ll visit us about every six weeks to check your progress so your treatment stays on track. Most patients finish their Arcadia Invisalign treatment in two years or less, but your treatment time will be based on your unique needs.
Do I need an Arcadia orthodontist for my Invisalign treatment?
On the surface, orthodontic treatment might look pretty simple: Wear aligners for a year or so and get straighter teeth and a more beautiful smile. But under the gums, there’s a lot going on.
In order to move your teeth, the entire tooth needs to move, including the root that’s embedded in your jaw bone. As the roots move, the jaw bone around them needs to constantly reshape and remodel itself to make room for the roots and to reform around them so your teeth are strong and secure.
Choosing Invisalign Arcadia AZ for your orthodontic treatment is one more way to feel confident about your care and your outcome.
Dunn Orthodontics: Arcadia’s most trusted Invisalign dentist
As a top-ranked orthodontist practice in Arizona, Dunn Orthodontics offers the most advanced orthodontic solutions for patients from Arcadia and the surrounding region. Our team believes each patient deserves optimal results from their orthodontic treatment, so they can enjoy a lifetime of beautiful, confident smiles. If you’d like to learn more about Arcadia Invisalign treatment at Dunn Orthodontics and whether it might be a good solution for you, give us a call at 602-864-0004 and schedule an office visit today.